Ana Delgado was born in Pilas (Seville) in 1948 and now lives in Seville.
She works as a makeup artist and decorator for some well-known brands like Balenciaga, Givenchy, Germany-Monteil and El Corte Inglés. But she always combines the practice of her profession with her painting hobby.
She is a self-taught artist, although she has taken classes from various recognized Sevillian painters such as José Luis Pajuelo, Luis Montes, Martín Iglesias, José Luis Castrillo, Paco Broca and Lanuza.
She has a penchant for the great impressionist masters such as Sorolla, Monet and Van Gogh, and classics like Velázquez and Picasso.
Her favourite painting technique is oil painting, where she shows a great skill and fluency in the use of the spatula, conveying an unmistakable ease and spontaneity to her work.
Freshness, tenderness, colorful and an expressive power permeate the senses of the viewer.
Her favourite subjects are parks, gardens, Andalusian patios, flowers - her roses are outstanding -, fountains, natural landscapes, and portraits.
She has always found inspiration in places that radiate fragrance, light and color,such as the María Luisas park, Sevilles Alcazar, the banks of the Guadalquivir river and Doñana marshes.
Ana Delgado has participated in numerous competitions and contests, and the most important among them are:
- Selection of his art-work Callas at the National Painting Competition La Palma del Condado (Huelva), in 1999.
- Selection of his Alameda de Hercules painting in the Painting Contest of the Old Town of Seville in 2001.
- Selection of his Christmas in Pilas as the cover of the Christmas 2003 book published by the City of Pilas.
- Selection of his Andalusian Corral in the Painting Competition of the Association of Pharmacists of Sevilla in 2007.
He has also participated in the following exhibitions both individual and collective:
- Exhibitions at the Casa de la Cultura de Pilas (Seville), in 2002, 2003 and 2006.
- Participation in an individual stand in the III and IV Gines Crafts Festival (Sevilla), in 2004 and 2005.
- Solo exhibition at the House of Columns. City of Seville, in 2005.
- Group exhibition at the Art Gallery San Vicente de Sevilla in 2005.
- Group exhibition at the Association of Pharmacists of Seville in 2007.
- Exhibitions at the Art Gallery Abades 47 Seville in 2004, 2006 (group) and 2007 (individual).
- Group exhibition at Sargent Gallery (Madrid) in the spring of 2007.
- Group exhibition ESTIVALIA2008 in IRIS Gallery Madrid in the summer of 2008.
- Individual Exhibitions at Hotel Guadalquivir in Sanlúcar de Barrameda (Cádiz) during the summers of 2009 and 2010 .
- Group exhibition at the Exhibition Hall of Pablo del Barco (Seville) in March 2010.
- Group exhibition at Gallery Paz Feliz (Madrid) in July 2010.
- Solo Exhibition in Gallery-Taberna Anima (Sevilla) in December 2010.
- Group exhibition in IRIS ESTIVALIA2011 Gallery (Madrid) during the summer of 2011.
- Solo exhibition at the Centro Cultural La Victoria in Sanlúcar de Barrameda (Cádiz) in September 2011.
- Exhibition at Zarabandas (Sevilla) restaurant in December 2011.
- Group exhibition at IRIS Gallery (Madrid) in January 2012.
Prestigious private collectors and art galleries nationwide and abroad are acquiring their works regularly as any of the works of this painter are a safe investment.